- Learn day trading forever
- Learn to play guitar as though you are learning a new sport
- Important safety tips for motorcycle accident prevention
- Industrial design processes & resources
- Increase your sales lead list using myspace
- Is it wise to form an investment partnership
- Israel petrochemical enterprises ltd – financial analysis review—-aarkstore enterprise market research aggregation
- How to obtain quick profits on ebay – make very fast cash on ebay
- Know much more about the best great carpet albuquerque
- How to avoid pitfalls for live chat outsourcing:
- Introduction to steel roof structure design services
- How to add more value to your joint venture with intellectual property
- How to reduce your auto insurance premiums
- How to be rich beyond your wildest dreams
- Learn how to use scissor lift training through online classes
- Is it possible to sell your scrap gold for cash
- How a credit analysis service differs from a debt settlement program
- Leading public relations new york firm – working smarter and faster
- Isa – obama, the democrats & the mass media betray us again
- How to buy stamps online
- Impact panasonic tools offer quality and variety
- How to give a great speech
- In the modern world the role of multinational corporations
- Laser labels and their applications
- Less than half the price for a replica bag
- How to write an award winning sales letter
- How to establish a presence with office furniture
- Laboratorios andromaco sa andromaco financial and strategic analysis review — aarkstore enterprise
- How can i use promotional items to promote my business
- Lazy cash formula scam review – warning
- Land trusts and real estate investing
- Knowing about mean manufacturing
- Interoute (wholesale)-aarkstore enterprise
- Know more about armani sunglasses
- It’s all about the product
- How to get cheap domain name and hosting
- How to find the best accommodation adelaide has to offer
- Legit online jobs reviews
- Learning to make money online: the easy and sure fire way
- Indian chemical directory 2010" added in visionshopsters
- Learning about boosting the sales of your internet marketing ebook
- How to stop an irs levy – tips for urgent irs tax relief
- Keep your profits running with retail accounting
- Keeping your computer safe from vicious viruses, spyware and spam e-mails
- Keep your clients happy with corporate concierge london services
- How much do portable display stands cost on average
- Insurance 101
- Key players in the global confectionery industry (5th edition) —- aarkstore enterprise
- Icf international, inc
- How do i access criminal records free of charge to view peoples criminal past
If you use email, chances are you have seen a “bounceback” message in your inbox. You get one whenever you send an email to someone and then — for whatever reason — their server rejects the message.
The “bounceback” message usually contains the original email you sent, as well as an explanation as to why the message was rejected.
There are two types of bouncebacks you need to know about:
Type #1: Hard Bouncebacks
A hard bounceback occurs when you send a message to an email account that no longer exists. The account has been closed for some reason, so the mail server that hosted the account will send your message back, notifying you of this change.
Hard bouncebacks are particularly common when you send mail to free email accounts with providers such as Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo. That’s because many people use these free accounts as a secondary or disposable account for random newsletter subscriptions and such.
When the volume of email to their free account gets too high, people often shut it down, create a new one, and move on.
But unfortunately — if they forget to send you their new address — you’re stuck with an email address that no longer exists!
Type #2: Soft Bouncebacks
A soft bounceback occurs when you send an email to an account that is still valid but is temporarily unable to receive email. The most common cause of soft bouncebacks is when an email account is too full or the server that hosts the account is temporarily down.
Why You need to Manage Your Bouncebacks
Because soft bouncebacks are generated when an email account is still valid, you don’t need to remove them from your email list. Where you want to focus your attention is on hard bouncebacks.
In order to maintain the highest deliverability, you need to constantly remove hard bouncebacks from your email list.
If you continue to send email to addresses that are no longer valid, the ISPs (Internet service providers) that previously hosted those addresses may consider you a spammer — and block ALL the email you send to any other email accounts they host.
For example, let’s say I have 1000 @yahoo.com addresses on my email list and over a period of 6 months 100 of those email accounts are closed and become invalid.
If I still continue to send email to those invalid accounts, Yahoo will assume that I’m a spammer sending unsolicited email to random accounts — and they will block any emails I send to the 900 remaining valid accounts.
The process of managing your bouncebacks is called “list hygiene.” In order to get the highest amount of email delivered to your subscribers, you want to stay on top of your list hygiene and remove email addresses from your list as soon as you get a hard bounceback after sending to them.
Automate the Process
As your list grows, you’ll want to invest in some software that will help you categorize and manage your bouncebacks.
Most email software packages or services provide this feature. If yours doesn’t, then it’s probably time to upgrade!
Don’t Forget to Follow up and Get the New Address!
If you do get a hard bounceback from a previous customer, be sure to follow up with them via phone or even snail mail to get their updated information.
All your customers are valuable and you don’t want to lose a single one from your list! The time you invest getting their updated email address is typically time well spent.
Remember, this is just one step in maintaining a clean email list that gets the best deliverability. For an in-depth look at how to get the absolute highest deliverability and response from all of your email campaigns, keep visiting this blog.
Happy Emailing!Forex | Tags: host, hot, message, provider, server, spam August 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1234 567891011 12131415161718 19202122232425 262728293031 Archives
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
Copyright © 2013 Business. All Rights Reserved.