- Learn day trading forever
- Learn to play guitar as though you are learning a new sport
- Important safety tips for motorcycle accident prevention
- Industrial design processes & resources
- Increase your sales lead list using myspace
- Is it wise to form an investment partnership
- Israel petrochemical enterprises ltd – financial analysis review—-aarkstore enterprise market research aggregation
- How to obtain quick profits on ebay – make very fast cash on ebay
- Know much more about the best great carpet albuquerque
- How to avoid pitfalls for live chat outsourcing:
- Introduction to steel roof structure design services
- How to add more value to your joint venture with intellectual property
- How to reduce your auto insurance premiums
- How to be rich beyond your wildest dreams
- Learn how to use scissor lift training through online classes
- Is it possible to sell your scrap gold for cash
- How a credit analysis service differs from a debt settlement program
- Leading public relations new york firm – working smarter and faster
- Isa – obama, the democrats & the mass media betray us again
- How to buy stamps online
- Impact panasonic tools offer quality and variety
- How to give a great speech
- In the modern world the role of multinational corporations
- Laser labels and their applications
- Less than half the price for a replica bag
- How to write an award winning sales letter
- How to establish a presence with office furniture
- Laboratorios andromaco sa andromaco financial and strategic analysis review — aarkstore enterprise
- How can i use promotional items to promote my business
- Lazy cash formula scam review – warning
- Land trusts and real estate investing
- Knowing about mean manufacturing
- Interoute (wholesale)-aarkstore enterprise
- Know more about armani sunglasses
- It’s all about the product
- How to get cheap domain name and hosting
- How to find the best accommodation adelaide has to offer
- Legit online jobs reviews
- Learning to make money online: the easy and sure fire way
- Indian chemical directory 2010" added in visionshopsters
- Learning about boosting the sales of your internet marketing ebook
- How to stop an irs levy – tips for urgent irs tax relief
- Keep your profits running with retail accounting
- Keeping your computer safe from vicious viruses, spyware and spam e-mails
- Keep your clients happy with corporate concierge london services
- How much do portable display stands cost on average
- Insurance 101
- Key players in the global confectionery industry (5th edition) —- aarkstore enterprise
- Icf international, inc
- How do i access criminal records free of charge to view peoples criminal past
Once your computer connects to the internet and e-mail, then it may be only a matter of time before you fall victim to a malicious spyware program, virus, worm, or (worst) hackers. Every day we experience customers getting displeased and unhappy about their computer problems due to these threats, and it is only getting worse.
What is even more distressing is that many of these computer users are back in my office a few days or weeks later with the EXACT same problems and end up having to spend ANOTHER hefty fee for restoring their computer back to normal.
Imagine having these kinds of difficulty with your restaurant. Your POS systems being infiltrated, damaged and completely destroyed by viruses and worms. You absolutely have no way of protecting your restaurant POS system if you do not take extra precautions.
Here are 3 of The Most Dangerous Computer Threats You Should Look Out For
One of the most dangerous aspects of online threats is their ability hide their existence and penetrate your system without your knowledge. Hackers and the authors of malicious spyware and malware programs go to great lengths to create harmful programs that are difficult to identify and remove.
This can mean that malicious computer programs can directly be downloaded and work its dirty tricks on your system before you even know it. Below are the two most common threats you’ll need to guard against with a brief description of what they are and how you acquire them:
Spyware: Spyware is a computer program often installed without the user’s knowledge. This program gathers information about you and your online activities and then reports it back to a third party. Sometimes advertisers uses this sneaky program to secretly monitor their customers’ activities. So Better becareful on what website you visit before clicking on that “download” button.
Most spywares are secretly attached to files you download over the internet, like free programs, music files, and screen savers. While you think you are only downloading a legitimate program to add smileys to your e-mails, you are unknowingly also downloading a truck full of spyware programs.
Malware: A combination of the terms malicious and software. This type of computer program is designed specifically to infiltrate and disrupt your system, this include viruses, worms and Trojans. Malware is harder to remove and will fight back when you try to clean it from your system. In some extreme cases, we had no other choice but to wipe out the entire hard disk and start with a complete re-install of the operating system. Most of the time, malware secretly attach itself to your emails without your knowledge causing computer damage to your email receipients.
Hackers: These are programmers for whom computing is its own reward, has the habit of breaking into other people’s computer just for the sheer fun of it but causes no harm. But today, hackers are widely known as evil programmers who loves to modify your files, cause damage to your system and even design the spyware and malware programs to attack your computer.
So if you’re a restaurant or any other retail establishment owner, having no kind of security for your POS systems at all, then your system is surely one of the easy targets.
Some of them may have criminal intent and purposely use these programs to steal money or aquire secured information from unsuspecting individuals and companies. Some of them may have a grudge against the big software vendors and seek to harm them by attacking their customers. While other hackers do it purely for fun. Whatever the reason, hackers are getting more intelligent and advanced in their ability to penetrate computer systems and networks.
Here Four Simple Steps You Can Take To Secure Your Computer From Malicious Attacks
1. Do not forget to keep your antivirus software updated at all times. You will want to make sure it has an auto scan and has an update feature that will make sure your computer is using the most current protection available and regularly scanning for threats.
2. Consider using an alternative web browser to Internet Explorer like the Mozilla Firefox. Hackers have figured out ways to access and easily download malicious programs to your computer via a security hole in Internet Explorer. Even worse about this is that even if you do not click anything and/or download a program to get infected. You are easily attacked if you use an older version of Windows such as Windows 98.
Though Mozilla Firefox is a free browser, it doesn’t have the same security problem as IE. Many of my clients saying that they prefer using the Mozilla Firefox browser than Internet Explorer browser. Shifting from IE to Firefox is a simple and costless way to add more protection to your computer. To download this free browser, go to www.mozilla.org.
3. Never open obvious spam e-mails. Because most viruses replicates through e-mails you receive from anonymous accounts, and even from your friends. If it looks suspicious, do not open it, just get rid of it immediately!
4. Using s firewall. A firewall is simply a device that acts as a buffer between you and the big, wild world of the Internet. many computer users will just get a DSL or cable Internet connection and plug it without a firewall.
Always remember that the internet is a big open field where you are vulnerable from all sorts of things that may come in your way. You have access to the world, but on the other side, the world has access to YOU. Hackers have programs that automatically scan the Internet for computers connected via a cable or DSL connection without a firewall. And once they find one, they they’ll immediately access your computer, download vicious programs, and might even use your computer to scatter their ravaging viruses to your friends or other computers without your permission.
Just one simple click os a mouse and they’ll gain easy access to your restaurant POS system, collect all customer and employee data, destroy your computer system, and sends out infected emails to your customers and friends using your email account! It will surely be the end of your hard work, a huge waste of money on the restaurant POS solutions you’ve bought, and possibly the downfall of your business if you let this things happen to you.Forex | Tags: disk, guard, hack, smile, spam, virus August 2013 M T W T F S S « May 1234 567891011 12131415161718 19202122232425 262728293031 Archives
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
Copyright © 2013 Business. All Rights Reserved.